Imperial Service Medal George VI 1937-1952
The Imperial Service Medal was instituted on 8 August 1902 to reward civil servants (on retirement) for at least 25 years of loyal and meritorious service to the Crown. Originally, the Order was a silver, seven-pointed star. In 1920, the design of the medal changed to a round pattern (32mm and struck in Silver), which bore the monarch’s head on the obverse and, on the reverse side, a design with a naked man reclining to depict well-earned rest with the words ‘For Faithful Service’. The ribbon design consists of two red stripes with a blue stripe in the centre. The name of the recipient is impressed on the rim of the medal and all recipients are listed in the London Gazette. Here we offer those issue during the reign of George VI, 1937-1952.